A fully air-conditioned and state-of-the-art computer centre with more than 200 terminals functions at the SRM campus. Students are encouraged to make full use of the facility to train themselves in modern computer applications and software development - and for academic learning. Students can also acquire practical experience in hardware technology as quite a number of computers are assembled internally at the college workshop.
The SRM group runs a fleet of buses for transporting students to and from the city and to other areas. There are two vans and several cars too. Public transport buses and trains also ply to points near the campuses.
SRM has tie-ups with various organizations, so students of various disciplines can visit their plants to get a direct insight into the multi-functional processes at these organizations. In-plant training is also organized whenever necessary. Healthcare
Students of SRM have access to medical facilities at various places, apart from a 24-hour dispensary which has been set up on campus with a doctor on call. The SRM Hospital at West Mambalam has facilities for several diagnostic procedures such as ECG, X-Ray and laboratory investigation.
Health insurance cover for all students is one of the additional services under active consideration.
A mini supermarket functions within the campus, to supply necessities. The canteen also offers a range of snacks and beverages.
Nationalized banks run extension counters at the Kattankulathur and Ramapuram premises, making it convenient for students and staff to transact business at the campus itself.
The university has many latest facilities, some of which include:
• 3-star SRM hotel with swimming pool, banquet halls
• 42 blocks
• Air-conditioned auditorium for over 4,000 people
• Information Technology and knowledge management centre
• 32 Mbps
• Modern lecture halls & "smart classrooms"
• Wireless-enabled lab and campus
• Language Lab - specialising in English, German, Japanese, French & Chinese
• Around 40 AC & non-AC buses
• 15 canteens throughout the campus
• Retail outlets Higginbotham’s book store, Airtel phone booths, Reynolds teller machines, super markets, Reliance
Webworld with Java Cafe - all within the campus
• Prayer halls