- The diploma in pharmaceuticals is for the duration of 1.5 years with a lateral entry in the second of the graduation college.
- The graduation or degree for being a bachelor in pharmaceutical sciences is of the duration of 4 years.
- The master’s degree in pharmaceuticals is of 2 years in total which helps one in shaping the future in this field at par excellent levels.
- On the later stages, one can opt for PhD in pharmaceuticals and can obtain a doctorate in the field.
Future of pharmacy in UK -
In the coming years UK would emerge as the major hub of the pharmacists across the entire globe. The pharmaceutical subjects are gaining high end response and selection from the entire student arena in the various degree schools and colleges in the United Kingdom.Pharmacists in UK are making efforts to come out of the role of mere dispensers of medicine and drugs and play an active role in patient care.
Future of pharmacy in USA -
There is a nationwide shortage of the pharmacists and us being one of the leading nations across the globe also faces these uncertain issues. The students in here are also opting for pharmacy as a career and are fetching high sums of money after being placed in top notched pharmaceutical companies like Merck etc.
Future of pharmacy in Australia -
Australia is included in one of the leading nations on the globe. The scope and growth of pharmacy in this country is very high and is accentuating on a very high pace. The pharmacists here are reaping great amounts of profit because of great technology, demand and opportunities in this land.Performing clinical interventions. Pharmacist prescribing and vaccinating are the new avenues for Pharmacists in Australia
Apart from these countries, Canada is also emerging a prominent place for Pharmacy.
Future of pharmacy in India -
An individual after completing the degree as a bachelor in pharmaceuticals can work as a community pharmacist, nuclear pharmacist, hospital pharmacist, military pharmacist, consultant pharmacist, clinical pharmacist, quality control pharmacist, quality assurance pharmacist etc. An individual can also work in the field of production and quality checks as well in the pharmaceutical companies. An individual with master’s degree can work as a research and development scientist in a pharmaceutical industry or can also work as a lecturer in an educational institute.
Jobs & Salary
An individual when completes its degree in the field of pharmaceutical sciences has a world of opportunities in front of him. One can opt to work in:
Pros & Cons
There are certain advantages of making career in this field and they are :
- Highly paid salaries
- Great perks
- High reputation in the society
- Continuous inflow of knowledge
- Opportunity to research and travel
With advantages come several disadvantages too; they are :
- Heavy work load
- Peer pressure
- Targets of sales and marketing to be achieved
- Keeping batch to batch records
- Following all the ISO regulations
- Keeping all SOPs in mind
- May have to work with hazardous chemicals