Delhi Technological University (Formerly known as DCE)

New Delhi, Delhi, India

Why Join?

Delhi Technological University, formerly known as Delhi College of Engineering (DCE) was established in 1941 and is located at Rohini in Delhi. It is an autonomous institution and is affiliated to the University of Delhi. It offers around 14 undergraduate programmes in Science, Engineering & Technology and Computer Science & Information Technology.  There are approximately 120 seats for the Engineering and Technology courses. Admission to this college is through the Combined Entrance Exam also known as CEE. The application for the same is available in the month of March and April. The exam is conducted in the month of May and classes commence from July.  

Rankings

14 th OUTLOOK

2017 - Engineering & Technology

13 th OUTLOOK

2016 - Engineering & Technology

Would you like to shortlist this college?

Majors Offered

Majors on college website
View the details of majors offered for
 

Would you like to check your chances of admission for this college?

FEES & SCHOLARSHIPS

Scholarships on college website
Average Tuition Fees / Year

Rs. 45,000

Total scholarships

46

Would you like to find the scholarships you are eligible for at this college?

Deadlines for Applications

Select the Academic Term and Course to see the deadlines

Important Dates

No dates available

Would you like to receive alert notifications for this University?

Campus Facts

Ranking

The college has been ranked at 11th position in the engineering and technology department at an all India level.

It is not easy to get into DCE. In the entrance exam, 85% of the seats are reserved for Delhi based candidates. The remaining 15% seats are for the rest of India. It has been noticed that in the last few years, students have been flocking to schools of Delhi NCT for their 10+2 to compete for the 85% reserved seats. No entrance examination of India has such a peculiarity.

Location Information

Delhi Technological University (DTU) is located at Rohini in the far Northwest region of Delhi. It is at a distance of 35 km (approx.) from the international airport of New Delhi. Reaching the university from places outside Delhi is easy, as it is in close proximity to the Delhi Metro Rail service and the interstate bus terminus located on the inner ring road. Delhi residents can reach the university by bus and metro.

Campus Infrastructure

The university campus is lush green and well-maintained. The classrooms are air-conditioned with comfortable benches and projectors. The library is three-storeyed and air-conditioned, and is open at odd hours as well. It has a collection of more than 65,000 unique titles. The university has a campus-wide wireless network, an online library system, hostels, gymnasium, health center, and a computer center. It also has its own shopping plaza and an SBI Bank branch on campus. The university also has a book bank that is intended to assist students from the economically weaker sections of society by providing text books on loan.

Faculty and Attendance

The faculty is highly experienced and knowledgeable. The core branches like electrical, mechanical and civil have a great set of professors who are masters in their field.

With respect to attendance, the university is strict during the first two years of engineering. Students have to maintain 75% attendance compulsorily, failing which strict action is taken against them. In extreme cases, students stand a chance of losing a semester.

Placement

Delhi College of Engineering shares a very cordial and prolific relationship with the industry. Every year a large number of recruiters visit the DCE campus for campus placements and offer them the best of profiles and pay packages.

Some of the top recruiters of students from this college are Accentium, BPCL, Cisco, Deloitte, Emergent Ventures, Futures First, HCL, Honda, IBM and many more.

Insights

Bar graph

Students who shortlisted this college also shortlisted

Gallery

Campus View

Videos

Questions & Answers

Do you have any queries for this college?

Contact Info

Shahbad Daulatpur
Main Bawana Road
New Delhi, Delhi
110042
India
 
Phone: +91-11-2787-1018
College Website