- Define the tourism industry and highlight employment opportunities and the skills needed to work in travel
- Use knowledge of world geography to sell destinations and plan efficient customer itineraries
- Give accurate advice on requirements for travel documents, customs, heath and currency requirements
- Make air travel arrangements using standard industry coding and terminology
A vast filed as it is, choosing the right course and the right country to study travel and tourism is a big challenge. There are various courses available, if you wish to pursue Travel and Tourism studies. Australia, New Zealand and Canada are the top 3 preferred destinations for students wishing to study travel and tourism.AUSTRALIA
- Tourism Department Employee
- Airlines’ staff
- Tour Operator
- Travel Agent
Jobs & Salary
There are a number of companies catering to the travel and tourism sector, from airline carriers to Cruises, Railways, etc. Most states have boards for tourism, which are looked after by the Ministry of Tourism. There are private organisations which have been arranging tours and offering complete services for travel and tourism operations.
- Ministry of Tourism (Central government)
- State tourism boards(State government)
- Airlines (Emirates, Thai airways, British airways etc.)
- Cruise ships (Costa Cruises etc.)
- Travel agencies (Travelex)
- Hotels (Taj hotels etc.)
- Transport and Cargo Companies (Fedex etc.)
Pros & Cons
The Advantages of making a career in this field are:
- Visiting new places
- Meeting new people
- Learning new cultures and traditions
- Educative and informative trips.
- Adventures and thrills
- High remunerations
- Ability to grow your network
- Erratic timings
- Staying away from friends and family for long stretches of time.
- Health risks
- Fatigue that can occur on long journeys.