There are many top colleges across the globe which offers this course. Here are some details of the colleges along with the study duration and annual fees.
Jobs & Salary
An Industrial Engineer gets paid on par with other engineers. A fresh graduate in Industrial Engineering in India usually gets a starting monthly salary of Rs. 15,000 to Rs. 20,000. Students from well-known technological institutions like IITs, NITs, and BITS get a much higher pay package. The remuneration increases with increase in experience and expertise.
Some of the leading organisations that employ Industrial Engineers are:• Siemens
Pros & Cons
Following are the advantages of being an Industrial Engineer:
- A highly paid and respectable job
- Possibility of work options in a variety of industries (motor vehicle, aerospace, etc)
- Quick promotions, recognitions and benefits
Following are the disadvantages of being an Industrial Engineer:
- Working in high pressure environment
- Switching jobs may not be very easy
- Sometimes involves working with hazardous materials