- Presenting the idea in the form of a game proposal document containing the concept, game play, feature list, setting and story, target audience, requirements and schedule, staff and estimated cost.
- Taking numerous decisions regarding the game's development and design.
- Writing script for a game or penning the character dialogue.
- Designing levels and making maps of the various locations in a game.
Video game design schools offer several different types of degrees - certificates, diplomas, associate degrees and graduate level programmes. Certificate, diploma and associate's programmes are usually one or two year programmes and will allow you to enter the workforce quickly.
Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology - Bangalore | Global Institute of Gaming and Animation (GIGA) - Chennai | Zee Institute of Media Arts(ZIMA)
Game Design in India
Game design is an upcoming field in India. Courses of varied duration are available both in universities and in private institutes. The degree courses and B. Tech courses are for a period of 3 and 4 years respectively. For example – An advance diploma in Animation/Gaming is available in Srishti School of Art, Design and Technology- Bangalore. Similarly, Global Institute of Gaming and Animation (GIGA)-Chennai offers a B. Sc programme in Animation and Game Technology. Many other institutes like Zee Institute of Media Arts (ZIMA)- Mumbai offer certificate courses in game design. On an average, a 3 month course would cost around Rs.17,000 whereas a 15 month course fee could be anything around Rs.70,000.
- Lead designer
- Content designer
- Creative director
- Video Game Tester
Jobs & Salary
- Square Enix
Pros & Cons
- Great salary and good environment to work
- Stable and ever growing industry
- Lucrative growth opportunity for talented individuals
- Long hours of work
- Stiff competition for higher positions
- Monotony sets in for those doing the same job over and over.